I'm aiming to become a writer extraordinaire this year. I've decided that I will dedicate the months following my return to The Park to improving my writing skills.
The other day I googled, 'the best books about writing', and it led me to a(n actual) authors blog where he noted his top seven books on becoming a better writer. Bingo! I found them on Ama.zom and ordered them. All seven! They should arrive just after I get back.
I've gone a bit nuts on Ama.zon the last couple of weeks. G. Rubin, the author of The Happiness Project, recommended a bunch of books which I also ordered. Some about happiness, some about how to fight right or speak to your kids so they'll listen - even a few on writing. I also ordered HER new book Happiness at Home which I can't wait to get into.
I know many of you think I'm a good writer but I tend to disagree. I haven't studied English since high school and I'm sure my grammar is terrible. I throw commas, semi-colons and hyphens in at random, I split paragraphs incorrectly. I don't know what an adjective is.
Perhaps one day when I have time I will study writing in University or online. I've looked it up, it can be done. Where I DO luck out is that B is an excellent writer - he'll be a great editor in chief!

1 comment:
An adjective is a describing word i.e. you are an excellent writer! All punctuation does is split up words on a page so the pace that they are read reflects how they would be said in a conversation.
Your naturally a good writer because you have a very clear style, don't go getting fancy and changing it! I can't believe you have ordered seven books on writing ha ha. Maybe one day we can live of your writing royalties? I'd be down with that...
xo
Post a Comment