Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Way Home

Well, I made it.  My trip home was a thousand times better than I thought it would be, I don't even have any horror stories to tell you!

The airline I flew with was fantastic - from check-in to my arrival I was treated like a queen, I had help all the way through.  In Vancouver I was able to board the plane first so that I could get the babies and my baggage on board securely and safely.  The flight attendants and my neighbors were helpful, holding and watching a baby or two when I needed it.  M, O and I all slept for most of the trip back to Auckland.  I even ate and watched a movie.

At last we disembarked at the Auckland airport.  One more flight to go.

On my way to the next gate I got the biggest and happiest surprise of my life - Ben popped up behind me!  We hugged.  I cried.  It was such a relief to see him.  He then surprised me again, by getting down on one knee and proposing!  So, we're now engaged :)

I had a grin on my face for the rest of the trip back to Melbourne. I'd say that made for a pretty great trip home!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got teary eyed as I read your blog. Congratulations to you both and thanks for allowing us to share in your happiness. :)))

villagegirl said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting. He's a wonderful guy - you 2 will be very happy together!
And a big YAY for a great flight. What a relief to have that behind you and have it go better than anticipated!