I just finished a book called, "H@ppiness at Home" by Gretchen Rubin. It's her second book about happiness, the first one being "The H@ppiness Project". I enjoyed her first book, I found it inspiring, but book two I'd say was more like a published personal journal. Whatsoever, book two did inspire me to do one thing, to de-clutter my house - one room at a time.
The other day I started with my bedside drawers. I have a lot of clutter in there - some mementos, a few pens but mostly toss-able junk. I managed to toss enough of it away to make space for my underwear (also many of which were thrown out) and clear my old underwear drawer for B's t-shirts which have up until now been on a shelf at the top of the closet. Yay! B is very happy about this as he can now find what he needs to wear.
My second project was the bedroom closet. The top shelf was covered in bags, hats and Ben's clothes. It's now cleared off and is looking very tidy. Project three is the boxes under my desk and project four is to sort through my clothes and take half of them to the S@lvation Army. If you haven't even looked at something for a year, you probably don't need it.
Less is more!!

No comments:
Post a Comment