Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Day in the City, Chop Chop!

I headed out for the big smoke yesterday morning with the twins.  It was the perfect day for it, the weather was beautiful.  Traffic wasn't so beautiful but after an hour-and-a-half of driving, I finally made it to H's in East Van.

Normally I spend my Van time in the West End but the East side is becoming pretty groovy.  There were always a handful of shops I liked to poke my head into and there are more and more popping up.  There are some great cafes and restaurants too.  H and I had a delicious breakfast and spent most of the afternoon shopping.  My friend T joined us a bit later on. 

Part of my afternoon was also spontaneously spent in the hair salon.  I chopped my hair off.  Most of it.  It's now a cute little pixie cut!  I've been pondering a short cut for some time now and H and T gave me the nerve to do it.  I think the hair stylist enjoyed it too.  My friends were calling me Audrey afterwards which I didn't mind so much :)

Three friends and I had dinner at an Indian/Chinese fusion restaurant, it sounds strange but was actually quite delicious.  The twins started acting up so it didn't make for a super relaxing evening but my friends were great about it which helped a lot. 

I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time downtown.  I just love being able to walk out the door and head off to wherever you need to go.  It was great to see you all, thank you for making the effort, and I will miss you!  Until next time...

No comments: