The twins and I made a second visit to the island to visit sister B last weekend, this time with Nanan.
The amount of stuff I need to take the babies anywhere is almost unbelievable. I spent the morning preparing food for the day, washing and prepping bottles and packing. I didn't even bring a change of clothes but the car was packed to the brim.
We caught the 12:45pm ferry and arrived in Na.naimo at three in the afternoon. We checked into our favorite B&B, a lovely heritage looking house just down the road from sister B and family. I stayed in the 'China Rose' room and mom was in the 'African Safari' room. I was looking forward to a good nights rest in a king bed all to myself!
After a little rest, we arrived at sister B's about 6pm. It wasn't the best visit, B was in tears as she'd had a pretty horrible day. We still had the next day to visit so we opted to stay for about an hour. We picked up a delicious pizza for dinner.
Day two arrived and we headed to B's after a delicious breakfast. The B&B hosts were terrific with the babies - they had a pretty nice looking breakfast themselves!
We had a much better visit with B on day two - we stayed at her place and chatted for most of the afternoon and then took the kids to a playground before we left. B's son J wasn't too keen to leave at the end but they all enjoyed themselves. The twins spent most of the time there in a baby swing - they loved it.
We headed out to catch the 5:45pm ferry but discovered on the drive in to the terminal that we'd missed it. We had a THREE HOUR wait ahead of us for the 8:15pm with babies in a parking lot - aagh!!
With our bottom lips stuck out in a pout we watched as the cars beside us loaded. Our line started moving. WE started moving!! We were the last, and I mean last, car to board. We thanked our lucky stars all the way home.

No comments:
Post a Comment