
D left for Perth yesterday morning so I am without my best boyfriend until next Saturday. So, to counteract my separation anxiety I have planned a few things to keep me entertained this weekend.
Tomorrow morning after meeting my old housemate for breakfast I'm off to a footy grand final BBQ with my friend L. An invitation was extended to me and I couldn't pass it up!
Now, I don't watch Australian Football but tomorrow is the biggest event of the year for (too) many Aussies so I had to join in. The grand final is a bit like the Superbowl without the strategy, the cheerleaders and a good half-time show.
At 2pm tomorrow Geelong and Port Adelaide kick off (or whatever they do!) and the MCG will be full of screaming, rowdy, painted footy fanatics who've all paid way to much money for their seats. The city of Melbourne will be a ghost town as everyone and their dog will be in front of their television set, at the pub or at a BBQ like I will be.
I suppose any excuse to go to a good BBQ is a good excuse!
Go, Canucks, go!
No comments:
Post a Comment