My pool league had our final 'Grand Final' match on Tuesday night. About forty people, and a few girlfriends in 'Team Punters' tank tops, came by to cheer us on.
It was a close match as we were one point up on The Nash going into the final game of the night, which, was to be played by yours truly.
I only had to win one game out of three for us to take the title. Did I win it? Oh YES, I did! With one tough shot down the rail (and a lot of teammates eyes closed) and an 8-ball in the side pocket the title was ours! Following was a lot of hugging, cheering, champagne and beer though I didn't partake in the latter as I had to work in the morning.
These Aussie's take their pub pool pretty seriously but I will admit it was a lot of fun.
Summer league, here we come!
1 comment:
good to see you are still kicking some butt in the other hemisphere!
Post a Comment