
I moved in to my new flat on Sunday and so far so good! My new housemate and I seem to live similar lifestyles as we both work in the same industry and enjoy exercise, reading and going to bed and waking up early! It sounds boring but I think this arrangement will work out perfectly.
My new room is fantastic; it has hardwood floors, a big window with greenery outside, a comfortable bed, a huge wardrobe with more storage than I need, enough space to move around in and it's dark and quiet at night.

The rest of the flat is new, spacious, neat and tidy. It has a ton of storage space, nice furniture, and a new kitchen and bathroom. We have internet, a dishwasher, central heating (finally!) and a bathtub (yay!) - these have become luxuries for me in Australia!
It now takes me about an hour, inclusive of a coffee stop, to get to work. I walk to the train station (8 minutes), catch the train five stops (20 minutes), catch the tram up Swanston Street (10 minutes), get my coffee at a favorite cafe (15 minutes) and walk from there (10 minutes). Gone are the days of catching one tram!
I went for
a walk to the beach on Sunday (yes, I live 15 minutes walk to the beach!) and will certainly be doing more neighborhood exploration this weekend. Unfortunately I've caught a cold so I'm quarantining myself until further notice.
My new room is fantastic; it has hardwood floors, a big window with greenery outside, a comfortable bed, a huge wardrobe with more storage than I need, enough space to move around in and it's dark and quiet at night.

The rest of the flat is new, spacious, neat and tidy. It has a ton of storage space, nice furniture, and a new kitchen and bathroom. We have internet, a dishwasher, central heating (finally!) and a bathtub (yay!) - these have become luxuries for me in Australia!
It now takes me about an hour, inclusive of a coffee stop, to get to work. I walk to the train station (8 minutes), catch the train five stops (20 minutes), catch the tram up Swanston Street (10 minutes), get my coffee at a favorite cafe (15 minutes) and walk from there (10 minutes). Gone are the days of catching one tram!
I went for
a walk to the beach on Sunday (yes, I live 15 minutes walk to the beach!) and will certainly be doing more neighborhood exploration this weekend. Unfortunately I've caught a cold so I'm quarantining myself until further notice.
No comments:
Post a Comment