Saturday, January 26, 2008

My 32nd Birthday


Happy Birthday to me! I had a very busy birthday. After arriving home at 1:30am the night before, my mum and I were up early to get haircuts with the fabulous L at his salon in Carlton. He took away my mums poof and gave me some bangs and we left looking fa-bu-lous.

At 11am we were off to the semi-finals of the Australian Open. We saw some mens doubles, the Sharapova and Jankovic match and the start of the Ana Ivanovic and Daniela Hantuchova match, which unfortunately we had to walk away from as we had a dinner booking at 6pm. I think my mum has had her fill of tennis for the year (maybe!).

For dinner it was Peking Duck at the Old Kingdom on Smith Street. D and G met us there and we sat and pigged out on two roast ducks. Old Kingdom is an icon in Melbourne - they serve the duck in three ways, Peking, stir-fry and soup, using up every part of the duck possible. The restaurant itself looks like it hasn't been renovated since 1971 but that's what gives it it's charm.

Waddling home with full tummies, G, my mum and I watched the men's semi-final in our lounge room, drinking Campari and OJ until bedtime. A very busy birthday for me!

No comments: