Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Twins Turned Two

Amongst unpacking, jet lag and having woken up at 3am - the twins turned two, Oct 21.

Nana K decorated the house while we were away with a Happy 2nd Birthday banner and balloons and bought them a cake and icing for me to decorate it with.  Very nice nana!! M & O opened their presents and had a little cake, though they were afraid of the candles and blowing it out.

So, we've now survived two years of twin-dom and we've reached the terrible two's.  Some days are pretty terrible yes, but they're good kids regardless.

M is a busy, little chatterbox.  She likes to be the centre of attention and she copies every word we say, like a parrot.  Her vocabulary is huge now - some words I'm not even sure where she gets them.  Yesterday she said to me, "party" and "dancing" - where she heard that, I don't know.  The only dancing I do these days is to The Wiggles.

O is picking up new words all the time and we understand each other now, which is GREAT. He is a cheeky little monkey - he likes to sneak off and do things, like suck on his dummy or pull food out of the cupboard.  He's still very happy playing with his cars and trucks and generally, the only time I hear him squawk is if M takes them off him.

They are both in love with Woody and Buzz from Toy Story, so we've been watching a lot of that. They also eat a LOT of food and I have trouble keeping up to their hunger demands.  M & O are both in the 97 percentile for height, which means only 3% of kids are taller than they are. They'll be tall, that's a given! Let's hope that it helps them throughout their school life!









1 comment:

Karie said...

Thanks for all your updates. I am enjoying them immensely. Keep posting and enjoy your summer - we are freezing. :)