Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hawaii

We had a terrific time in Hawaii, though having three children with you makes holiday life a little harder! I think B got a taste of what it's like to be a stay-at-home mom, which I enjoyed.

The first week, pre-wedding, was very busy - we had an open door policy at our place so friends just came and went which was great.  It was so nice to be able to introduce our family and friends to K!hei, they all got to spend some time in a place that is very special to me.  Everyone enjoyed it too which made it even better.  I only wish I was free to have spent more time with everyone.

B and I stayed at The Four Seasons for two nights after the wedding.  It was BLISS.  TFS is the only 5-star resort in Hawaii and I can see why.  Our bathroom was bigger than our bedroom at home, the grounds were immaculate, the pool was a-mazing, as was the food and the beach.  I tried to spend as much time under a cabana at the pool as possible. Poolside, we were served drinks and little M was even "spritzed" with water to cool down.  It was pretty 5-star I'd say.  It's too bad it cost so much, otherwise I would have loved to have stayed a week!

Our condo was pretty great too.  The pool was only metres away from our back door.  We took the twins to either the pool or beach every day.  We all spent a lot of time eating fish tacos and Mexican food.  We splurged one night, hired a nanny, and took my mom to Mama's Fish H0use, an incredible restaurant past Paia. YUM.  Expensive, but worth at least one visit!

B and I visited Big Beach and Little Beach, snorkelled in Makena and Molokini (with H & K) and just, hung out really!  We were there for 3 1/2 weeks all up.  We're hoping we can do it again next year.









No comments: