Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ben-DINGO

As my friend H would say, we've moved to Ben-dingo (minus the second 'n')!

B.endigo is a city of about 100,000 people, two-hours drive (or train) NW of Melbourne. I can tell you it's very nice to be back living in civilisation! Everything we need is a 5-10 minute drive down the road and our closest grocery store is a 5 minute walk away. Woo hoo!

We are renting our house from B's parents - they bought it about 6 years ago as an investment property.  It was built in the 60's (I think) and is constructed of brick.  Inside, most of the house has hardwood floors and white walls - there is a lot of storage space too which I am loving. The master ensuite is brand new, as is the kitchen, and I have more cupboard space than I need.  Ahhh!

There are three bedrooms and a big, carpeted, room at the back that we've put all the kids toys and the TV into.  It's the perfect play area.  I plan to make the front room a formal living room, though I'm sure it will never stay that way!

B has been busy cleaning up the yard - it's made up of a few levels.  There's a big concrete area at the bottom, and two levels of grass at the back.  There are three old sheds that B is cleaning up as I type.  Perhaps, we can put some rabbits or chickens or birds in them.  We'll see!

My good friend E has bought us a worm farm for our wedding gift (yay)! Next is a compost bin and then we'll start adding plants to the garden.  E is a very good gardener and will help me make it beautiful, I'm sure!

I will take a few photos of the house and yard and post them later!






No comments: