Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Too Many Spiders

I know you enjoy my creepy crawly stories so I have another one for you.  Yesterday was full of them.

Driving back from town, I stopped to get gas at our "local" gas station, forty minutes drive from home. As I was pumping gas, a huntsman skittered out in front of me from a crack in the hatchback door, along the roof and over to the other side of the car.  I tried to flick it off the car as it ran but it escaped me and hid in the door crack behind the drivers side.  Mike, our friendly gas station owner, tried to help me find it to shoo it away but it was gone.  Gone, gone.  In the car, under the car, we weren't sure where it went.  Ugh!! So, this meant a forty minute drive home, doing 80-100km/hour on windy roads with a huntsman possibly SOMEWHERE in the car.  Stressful?  You betcha.  I made it home in one piece, spider undiscovered.  Thank goodness.  Though, it could still be in there.  Somewhere.

Needless to say, when I got home I was a little jumpy.  We then discovered two more huntsman, one very angry one in the kitchen hiding behind a tea box and another on the edge of the kitchen counter.  With the help of some Raid and a thong, they're both now d-e-a-d.

Later, to top that off, as I was sitting on the couch another little black spider appeared, crawling up my leg.  Of course I screamed and batted it off, scaring the pants off B and poor little M & O who were sitting next to me.  It was not a good day for me vs. the creepy crawlies.

3 comments:

villagegirl said...

I feel your pain! I would have screamed too. :)
you are brave girl, I tell you!

Lee said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Heather said...

Kat. This sounds so horrible and too much like a nightmare come true. I think you should come home. We don't have huntsmen. :)