B tells me I should try and break a few more rules in my life, so today, I broke one. I bought an e-reader (*gasp*)!
I've been pondering this for a few weeks now. I know everyone who has one loves them, but I'm hesitant. I like to know how many pages I've read and have left, I like touching and turning the pages, and flipping over that last and final page is so satisfying. Taking away all that tactile-ness seems wrong to me, BUT, I'm going to give it a try.
Why you ask? Living in the sticks, and having soon-to-be three children, I'm not really able to zip down to the bookstore when I need a book. I can order them online, which I do also, but I figure this way I can still buy the books I really think sound interesting and e-read the ones I'm not so sure about. E-books are cheaper and if I don't like the book...delete!
Before hitting the 'purchase order' button for my new toy, I promised myself I will keep collecting books for my bookshelf, support my local bookshop and continue to visit the library. At the very least my baggage for our overseas trips will be a little lighter!

No comments:
Post a Comment