As mentioned, this June the family and I headed to my favorite paradise, Hawaii. \My mom came over as well - it was her first meeting with the twins so it was a happy reunion.
I haven't been to Maui for 18 years. I have fond memories of Hawaii so I was glad to find it just as I had remembered it, even better actually. The complex we stayed in was where my family stayed on our family holidays. The grounds were beautiful, plumeria was everywhere, one of my favorite smells on earth. I described Hawaii as the land of raining flowers, it's just like that. B now loves it as much as I do.
We spent a lot of time eating. Mainly Mexican food and ice cream. Most of the restaurants I remembered were long gone. Fish tacos have taken over but we were more than happy to sample most of them.
We took a few road trips. One day up the Haleakala Crater. It wasn't the best trip, it was late and I hadn't realised B was taking us all the way to the top. The one hour trip turned into a 3 hour trip up a winding road. It was freezing at the top, quite the moonscape as well. It ended with O throwing up in the back seat so I chalked that one up as a miss.
After driving through Paia on the way to the crater, we thought it was worth a stop on another day, so we did just that. We did a bit of shopping, had some fish for lunch, stopped for a coffee and checked out a surf beach. All in all, a good afternoon.
B and I didn't get to spend as much beach time together as we hoped, we had to take turns as it was too hot and there wasn't enough shade for the babies, but we did manage to spend a lot of time at the pool and to snorkel a few times.
B had never been snorkeling before so it was fun to take him out. He usually enthusiastically manages to get me out and about to do things I wouldn't normally do, so at his request, we headed to the south of the island. We saw turtles and hundreds of tropical fish. I'd never seen a turtle in Hawaiian water before so B must have been good luck!
Hawaii ended to soon but we will certainly be back.

No comments:
Post a Comment