Monday, January 18, 2010

My Resolutions for 2010


I thought I would share my New Years 'list-of-resolutions' with all of you. Perhaps writing them down and sharing will make me feel accountable and get them all done!

  1. Make my way back to Canada (notice this takes position #1) :)
  2. Pay off debt. It's not too much which is good :)
  3. Travel somewhere I haven't been with carry on luggage only. This would clearly need to be somewhere hot and cheap and I'm thinking, Vietnam or Bali.
  4. Save $6000 by July. As most of you know, saving is something I've never been very good at, so I figure that if I set date and dollar amount (this time) it could work. Resolution #3 might suffer.
  5. Volunteer. I've signed up for an orientation at the end of January so I've made a move on this one.
  6. Grow a herb garden - check!
  7. Paddle a sea kayak. I've done this in BC but not in Australia so, that's my plan.
  8. Buy a DSLR camera and learn to use it.
  9. Take more photos.
  10. Read more biographies and non-fiction. Recommendations anyone??
  11. Purge things I don't need from my life. Clothes, shoes, people, you know!
  12. Eat more fish and veggies. I've been cooking a lot more in the last couple of weeks and seafood is on the menu - ever baked salmon with dill and lemon juice in filo pastry? Yum!
  13. Learn to run 10km. I've started the Sun Run training program and today I completed Week 2 Session 1. Go me!
  14. Ride my bike. Somewhere. Anywhere. Maybe even to work!

1 comment:

westenddoc said...

Yay for you starting the 10k program! If you really want to be accountable for that one, sign up for a race! Once my breakfast digests, I'm off for a run today too!