Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Great Outdoors!


We have a few new additions to our little outdoor space. A new table with two benches and a tini herb garden. The herb garden was planted on Monday afternoon and I had the table delivered yesterday. I tried to surprise B with it assembled and decorated with flowers, plants and a table setting. As you can see, it was looking quite gorgeous!

B & I were both out for the evening, and I found out that when B got home to find his surprise, the rascal Rusty (and his sidekick for the night, my friend BL's dog Tea) had knocked over all the plants, eaten the flowers and a chunk off a table mat, and gnawed on the corner of my brand new table. Argh! As B says, at least it now has character.

KM, you will be happy to know that I have also discovered a HUGE passion flower vine beside my house. I've included a photo of just one of hundreds of them :)

3 comments:

Lee said...

Look how cute he is sleeping under the table :)
Your yard looks lovely! If I didn't just watch a freaky nature show on all the things that can kill you in Australia...maybe I could come and see it.

Katherine said...

You should come and see it! It's summer, and you'd have your own room with a nice warm queen bed to sleep in! I'm thinking of getting a hammock too - ooooohhhh, haaammock!

Heather said...

Oooh... it's perfect, even if Rusty took a bite out of it! Absolutely gorgeous. :)