Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me, Take 34!


Well, I've made it to 34 years of age, in Australia and now Canada. To celebrate B and I went on a mini vacation to my friends Em, Jim and little Billie J's farm in Kyneton. Kyneton is a small town of 4300 people, an hours drive from Melbourne.

The J's live in a huge house situated on hundreds of acres, soon to be filled with many sheep. B and I took one of their quads out with Rusty running alongside to take a look around. We've discovered that Rusty's top speed is about 50kph! During our gander we spotted rabbits and one kangaroo - not things you see to often in the city! B and I also visited the local winery, chatted with the owner Andrea, and bought four beautiful bottles to drink.

For dinner we ate home-made pizzas and, after some difficulty blowing out three candles, scoffed down Ems rich chocolate birthday cake. Mmmm! On Sunday we organized brunch with my other friends (Canadian) Michael and SJ who came up from the city to join us. I decided to host a last-minute dinner for B, Michael and SJ Sunday night. I couldn't have asked for more than to spend my birthday in great company!

1 comment:

Lee said...

That sounds like the perfect bday. Happy Birthday (again) to you!