
Last week I was welcomed into the 'WA Italian Clubs' 8-ball league. My team is made up of (mostly) Italian, middle-aged men who all have won some state tournament or other. I was told last night that I am the first female to ever play for the Italian Club so yay me!!
I had a few practise sessions before our first league night last night and managed to 'gain the respect' of the club members; I was told this is difficult to do so hearing that put a smile on my face.
Last night I was a bit nervous but I thankfully won 3 out of 4 of my games. As I was heading out the door I was approached by a couple of the competitions female players who invited me to play in the state competition April 5th. I will certainly show up and am looking forward to it! The girls told me that I have a good chance of making the state team as well this year. The team is sponsored each year and go to Tasmania to play in the Australian championships. Bring it on!
It looks like my pool career in Perth is off to a great start!!
1 comment:
that's my girl. Kick some a*! Proud of ya
Post a Comment