This week was my first official routine week in Perth. I took the bus to home from work a few times this week. It took about 20 minutes which isn't too bad at all. Like the rest of Perth the bus was spotless; I even met a friend, a lovely old man named Collin who smelled of red wine and crochets earring and chess pieces. He gave me the guided tour of Perth city on the way home on Wednesday.Aside from Collin I can't say I've met anyone new here, however I did meet up with two of my old housemates on Saturday night. They had a baby last year so this was her 2nd night out since then. Their crowd of friends were all very friendly and I had a great night chatting to them all.
I contacted some people from the local pool league here and I'll be heading out Monday for a play-and-greet. Hopefully they'll 'approve' and I'll get to join their league. The womans state try-outs are in April which I plan to play in as well. Perhaps one day I will be WA (Western Australia's) best female player :)
I have discovered a few fabulous things down the street from me. There is a yoga centre, a japanese restaurant, a book store, cafes, a video store and Perths 'best restaurant' called Star Anise, really, everything I could want! I went the yoga centre last night, it's Iyengar yoga which I haven't tried before but I enjoyed it. They have classes every day of the week so I plan to be doing that a lot from now on.
The boxes of goodies I shipped from Melbourne arrived on Thursday. It was a relief to get some pots, pans, dishes and much-needed cutlery. My photos and framed pictures arrived as well so I've put a few up to decorate; our little apartment is coming together slowly.
I had a crazy first week at work and I'm glad it's over. D and I don't really have much planned for the weekend, though I think a visit to Ikea is in order and perhaps a stroll down our new street!
No comments:
Post a Comment