
A picture for you all to see of my new home! It's been three weeks since I made my move and things have been great! It's been wonderful having all of my things in one place and everyone here has been more than hospitable!
D & G and I have arranged our nights to cook dinner. For my first meal I decided to make the oh-so-easy tacos. What did I do? I burnt the shells, and, not just slightly burnt them, I mean charred black. Not a very good first impression of my culinary skills!
My second attempt at cooking dinner was better. Using my authentic Chiang Mai Thai cookbook I made a chicken cashew stir-fry and spring rolls (from scratch). Everything tasted good but I had bought the wrong spring roll wrappers and they bubbled and cracked when they were deep-fried. They looked terrible but luckily for me they were a hit. Phew.
G can do-no-wrong in the kitchen so everything she makes is a hit, her pancakes especially!
D also kicked my butt in the kitchen. He made AMAZING crumbed lamb cutlets, roasted cherry tomatoes (which I actually ATE and liked!), roasted garlic, rice and we had passionfruit for dessert. It was REALLY good and I've craved the cutlets ever since. As they say in Australia, 'YUMMO'!
No comments:
Post a Comment