Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lazy, Sleepy and Cold!


It was six degrees in Melbourne yesterday and not much warmer today. It's cold, wet cold, and I am not liking it at all.

Now that winter has set upon us I find I am tired most evenings. Tiredness leads to laziness. To relieve my laziness I've come to the inevitable conclusion that I need to start exercising and eating better, again.

It seems in the past every time I've joined a gym I go for weeks, even months sometimes and then I stop going altogether. I joined a gym last year, quit after 3 months and vowed I would never do it again.

Today I walked into the local (literally a 2-minute walk from my house) women's gym to inquire about memberships. This time I want to get a personal trainer. To do this I have to pay more and sign up for 12-months. I hate the 12-month, sign on the dotted line, commitment . I can't help but think I'm not doing myself any favours.

Perhaps I'm looking at the glass half empty.

Perhaps this time will be different; this was 'The Year the Rabbit gets Healthy' after all.

Perhaps I should start to look at the glass half full and in a few months I will be fit, glowing, beach-ready, healthy and strong! Perhaps.

No comments: