Monday, January 21, 2013

Three Weeks Away - Part II


B and I spent our three glorious days in the city and then B had to head back to the park to work.  I made my way up to the opposite end of the state, catching the train for a night at my lovely friend E's house, then the next morning caught the same train another 3 hours North East to SH.  Just in time for the heat wave...

It was 44 degrees upon my arrival and it didn't cool down to under 40 for the next four days.  I can tell you I'm not a fan of weather that hot! Luckily B's parents house has air-conditioning - phew!

O cried when he saw me.  We think it was because he just realised I was missing, or maybe he didn't recognise me, but he was sobbing.  The poor little man!  It didn't take long before I was smothered in cuddles by both my babies though!

The twins spent a lot of time outside with Nana which they loved and O started to walk on the 14th which was very exciting!  I think maybe he was showing off for Pop!

All-in-all we spent ten days in SH.  I was able to do a bit of shopping, a little relaxing and reading, and Nana K also bought me a pedicure for my birthday so I had a few spoilt hours off on my last day there.  I went and got a haircut and had breakfast as well - just dreamy!

B met up with us a few hours drive from SH.  We all said our (hellos and) goodbyes and off we went,  back to the park, arriving a few days ago.  It's good to be home.

1 comment:

Mama said...

All and all you had a nice holiday! Nice to know you were missed too by O and M. I agree that 40 degrees and up is just TOO HOT! Thanks for taking the time to write your blogs--we ALL really enjoy reading them.