Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Babies are Toddlers!

The twins are growing fast.  M & O are starting to climb, walk, talk and do all those toddler sorts of things.  I'm hoping they'll stay grounded for a little while yet - they can almost get up on the couch by themselves, which means, once that happens, they'll be reaching the kitchen counter.  Bah!

O is practising his walking, taking a few more steps each day. He's working up his confidence.  M says things like "Uppy" and "Uh-oh" which is very sweet.  She's very quick on her feet.  O likes to stack blocks and put toys up high, they both love to play with round, rolling toys.  They love the water and we've taken them to the river a few times this week.  It's shallow enough that they can splash around without (me) worrying too much!

We certainly have a little daily routine.  They've been trying to wake me up at 5:45am but that's not happening.  So, they entertain themselves in their cots until at least 6:30-7am, give them a bottle, let them play, then down for a nap around 9am.  Mum gets a little quiet for an hour or two.  Lunch at 11:30-12pm, dinner at 5-5:30pm, which, if late, they get extremely grumpy.  It's not fun for anyone.  Bedtime is at 7:30pm and they're pretty good once they go down.

I can hear one of the monsters now so I'd better get back to it.



1 comment:

villagegirl said...

They look so big!! Such cuties!
Ha, I did not allow the unearthly waking hours either. They will probably get past this stage and wake up at a more reasonable time.
I love watching little ones discover all the things they can do. :)