Monday, January 21, 2013

Three Weeks Away - Part I

I've spent the last three weeks away from home.  I suppose you could say I was away on 'holidays' but it never really feels like that when, for the most part, you're towing two 15-month old toddlers around.

After Christmas, B's mom and dad came down to the park to visit us for a few days.  It's always helpful to have an extra two (or four hands) around to help with the twins.  We had a few meals together and went out on a few walks.  I was able to get a bit of rest which was fabulous.

We spent New Years Eve in the park but we all acquired colds that night too (including the twins) which wasn't good.  I, for one, was in bed on NYE at 11:50pm!

On New Years Day we all headed off for the big city.  B's parents had planned to take the babies to their house in SH for a few days to give B and I a few child-free days in town.

I tell you, those child-free days were bliss!  It was great to be able to read, sit in silence, do some shopping, dine out, wander around, and visit friends without worrying about when the next meal was needed or when one of the twins was about to scream.  B and I went to a movie too which was wonderful!  You really learn to appreciate the little things when you never have time to do them.






No comments: