Thursday, October 13, 2011

37 Week Update

I've made it to 37 weeks.  My belly is still growing, it's getting heavier.  Sitting, standing, walking around the house and laying down complete my daily exercise routines.

B stayed home yesterday and brought me breakfast in bed, coffee and pancakes.  Luxury.  I could get very used to that!  Otherwise, I've managed to leave the house on three occasions this week and both exhausted me.

Yesterday, I had a doctors appointment at the hospital.  They've confirmed Baby A is still head-down (on my right side) and Baby B is laying across the top (transverse) with their head at Baby A's feet.  Both are healthy and my blood pressure is very good.

Baby A is the smaller of the two so the doctor tells us there could be a chance I'll need a caesarean.  I'd prefer to have them naturally but we'll obviously take the recommended and safest route.  Both options sound frightening. 

I have been booked in for an induction next Thursday, Oct 20th, though I'm sure there's a good chance they could arrive before then.

4 comments:

NanaJO said...

oh dear, is that a belly button ring I see in that picture, maybe its a pull tab.. all kidding aside.. look forward to the arrival of your little ones, soon you will be on the other side of this.

Heather said...

I am so, so, SO excited for you! Eeeee! Look at that beautiful belly! I can't wait to meet them! xoxo

Lee said...

holy crap! I can't believe it. That's all I have to say.

Mama said...

My, My, you will be happy to see these two little people arrive SOON!