At 33 1/2 weeks, I finished work on Friday. They gave me a lovely send-off. I was given a gigantic card signed by my coworkers, a mango and passion fruit cake, a gift certificate and a goodbye speech from my director. I ended up saying a few words though I'm not really sure what came out of my mouth, I think it consisted of a bunch of thank-yous. It certainly wasn't the witty speech I was hoping to spit out!
I'm 34 weeks today and feeling good. I can't walk very far and I get a little breathless once in a while but I have been sleeping better, my hip pain has improved and not having to go to work, sit at a desk and travel on the tram four days a week is a huge relief.
The twins are doing very well. They are both growing, kicking a lot and healthy. I have another ultrasound next Tuesday so we'll get another peek then. At the last report they were both head down and looking good.
It feels like a waiting game now. Morning television here is pretty boring so I've been renting Mad Men to entertain me over the next couple of weeks. I'll be catching up with friends, picking up baby things and packing a few boxes.
B and I will be trying to find a new home over the next month or so. Our lease is up Nov 15th and unfortunately the rent here is too high for one salary so staying isn't an option. We've picked out the area we'd like to move to, it's very close to B's office, so we're keeping an eye out for the perfect new house.
The little grizzlies should arrive by October 19th which is the 38 week mark. It'll be very, very hectic October!

1 comment:
I can't believe how quickly this has gone! (for me at least) It's great that you can have a few weeks to yourself before the twins arrive.
I agree - Oct.21 sounds like the perfect day. :)
So exciting!!
Post a Comment