This weekend was the finals for the State Team selection. It was a long weekend of world rules pool!
Fourteen of us started out Saturday, we played from 9:30am to 5pm and at the end of the day two were knocked out. Twelve girls returned Sunday morning and by the afternoon seven of us placed. Overall we played everyone four games and the points were gathered. By the end of Sunday the results were in...
At 6 1/2 months pregnant, I finished 2nd overall and made the 2011 Victorian Womens State Team!! Unfortunately, due to the date of the Nationals, held in New South Wales, I won't be able to play; it's two weeks before my due date (and the tournament runs for two weeks). The 1st emergency player is quite happy to take my place.
I am now awaiting my 2011 ranking. I wanted to place in the top eight this year and I think I may have done it. My goal has been met! Who knows, maybe I'll get to play state next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment