I just spent the last three days at a Revit conference in Queensland with a fellow female co-worker of mine. We arrived Wednesday night, along with 450 other attendees, and stayed until Saturday evening. This is the first time I've ever flown anywhere for work, I'm usually 'handcuffed' to my desk most days.
We had a minor mishap on the way over, almost missing our flight. We checked in nice and early and sat at the gate awaiting our flight. About 20 minutes after boarding was meant to commence, we realized we were waiting at the Qantas gate 6 not the Virgin gate 6 where we needed to be. We ended up having to run half a kilometre to our gate and boarded on time - phew! I think that was the most exercise either of us have had in the last 6 months.
Upon landing in Brisbane we found out it wasn't as close to the conference as we thought it was. Note to others, check a map before you book your flights! We were 1 1/2 hours away, a $280 cab fare! So as not to cost our company hundreds of dollars we found a shuttle (almost missing that as well) and finally arrived at our destination.
We spent most of our time in the casino where the conference was, but we managed to escape for an hour or two to check out the beautiful beach and enjoy a lunch in town. I managed to squeeze in a swim at the pool as well.
The conference was well-worth attending and we met and listened to many brilliant minds there. You start to feel like you don't know much of anything by the end, but inspired non-the-less. Nerd, I know.

No comments:
Post a Comment