Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Big Baby Spiders

After 5 1/2 years of living in Australia, I now have one of those oh-my-god-I-had-a-spider-in-my-car stories.  Yeeeck!  Thank goodness I wasn't driving!!

I discovered the hairy monster on a Friday night on my dashboard, just in front of me as I sat down one evening to head out to play pool. Since B wasn't home I asked (in a panic) two young male passers-by if they wouldn't mind removing it for me.  One of them took off his shoe, climbed in and hit it.  He swore he got it, but there wasn't a body to be found.

After the strangers left, I nervously searched and searched and couldn't find any trace of Mr. Spider.  There was NO WAY I was getting back in my car. Luckily, the friend I was playing pool with lived nearby and came past to pick me up.

On Sunday morning I had to head off again and this time B was home to investigate.  He climbed in and searched and searched, and there, under the passenger visor was HIM!  I squealed and squealed and woke up half the neighborhood, but B got him, I saw the leg.  My hero!!  I just hope the little monster doesn't have any brothers or sisters.  YEECH!!


3 comments:

Lee said...

I think I just had a stroke

Neal said...

KILLER! How could you do it!!? HOW COULD YOU!
I hope it rains there for a month!

Alex and Andy said...

don't tell me you killed it?