Friday, June 11, 2010

The Test!

My appointment for my Australian citizenship test and interview was today at 2:30pm.  I spent the last couple of weeks gathering all the necessary documents I needed, and spent Sunday afternoon and yesterday evening studying.  In the past week I've learnt all about Australian people, their history, government, flags and democratic rights in the hope that I would ace the test.

The 'interview' took about 10 minutes and though I had all my paperwork ready to submit, I wasn't asked for anything but my passport, drivers license and medicare card.  After typing in a bunch of things unknown to me, the friendly woman behind the desk then took my photo, asked me to turn my phone off, and escorted me to the testing room which held about 30 desktop computers.

The room was virtually empty when I was sat down.  We were allowed 45 minutes to write the test though once I pressed the 'start' button it took me 8 minutes to answer the 20 questions, and check them over once.  Once I pressed the 'finish' button the computer told me I passed.  Yay!  I picked up my printed score from the man overseeing us and I got 100%!  Now I just have to wait to hear what happens next.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Nice job! Must be nice to have that all behind you and finished.