Sunday, June 6, 2010

Off to the Market we Go!

I hit the St Kilda farmers market with a vengeance this Saturday morning.  It only comes to our neighborhood once a month and I'm always looking forward to it.  Victorian farmers, bakers, florists sell just about everything here.  It gets me pretty excited being around so much good food!  We ended up having to drop our goods off at home and head back for a few more items, my bags wouldn't hold it all.

I picked up some gorgeous, native Australian flowers, organic eggs, honey, pumpkin, mint, dill, sage, goats cheese, green olives, olive tapenade, olive bread, tomato sauce, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, onions, cherry tomatoes, lebanese cucumbers, apples, lemons, fresh fuji apple juice, (kind edward) potatoes, rhubarb (complete with her own crumble recipe) and some 'majik' museli!  What a piggy!!  Now I just have to figure out how to devour the vegetables, and quick!

So far, I've baked a rhubarb and apple crumble and tonight I cooked up a potato and cauliflower bake, baked onions with sage and corn on the cob (from last weeks market shop!)  I think sage is my new favorite herb!  Delicious!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I happen to adore sage, as well. It's scent is just to die for... and the flavour! Mmmm.

P.S. Miss you and can't wait for you to come hoooome!