Monday, June 21, 2010

Adventures in the Air!

B and I drove out to a small town called Benalla this Sunday for B's big birthday adventure!  I bought him a voucher for his birthday (in December) to take flight in a glider plane and we finally got out of town to do it.  We arrived late morning to discover that the clouds were to low to fly, though luckily we hung around long enough for the clouds to lift and the beautiful blue sky to appear.

John was B's pilot in the small two-seater glider.  Before B got seated, he had to put on a parachute, in case of emergency - yikes and belt-in at the front - he almost didn't fit.  The canopy was closed and off they went, tugged behind the 'tug' plane up to 4000m.

I probably should have given my camera to B but I took the best photos I could from the ground.  Once he got in the air B loved every minute of the flight and said he'll certainly be trying it again in the future.



No comments: