Monday, April 19, 2010

Ten Days

I have been up to a lot the last few weeks, it feels like it anyways.  I'll categorize and summarize my update for you all!

The office:  Last week I worked a few long hours. Working from 9am to 10:30pm isn't my cup of tea but we were fed dinner and given a free cab ride home so it almost paid off. We moved desks Friday afternoon so I've done a 180, literally, and am seated behind my old desk facing the other direction.  So far so good.  My friend and former coworker J has started at my office today too - it's nice to have another familiar face around!

Pool:  I played my first womens singles competition yesterday and placed 2nd.  I was hoping to win it but I was outplayed by the only girl to beat me, twice.  She played well and I now know that I'll have to play much better if I want to beat her next time!  My next competition will be the first weekend of May. 

B: B has been off on fire duty since Friday and he returns to me tomorrow night.  We haven't heard any news about the exchange and they told him the announcement could be another two weeks away.  Grr!  We will let you know as soon as we find out.

Immigration:  I am applying for my Australian citizenship tomorrow.  It gives me two passports to travel with so I think it is certainly worth the effort.   If any of my Canadian relatives want to make there way over here, I can help with that too!  Retire near the beach in Queensland anyone?

No comments: