Sunday, April 25, 2010

Comedy, Citizenship, Cues & Carrots

I've just booked two tickets to see (he's Canadian!) comedian Russell Peters in action May 14th!  Yay!  I am very excited about the show - is there anyone out there who has seen him live? 

I applied for my citizenship online this past Tuesday.  I can't believe how easy it was compared to my PR.  Just a few tidbits of information, a credit card number and BANG - my application was sent to cyberspace to await approval.  They say it takes up to 12 weeks and in that time I can't leave the country.  If it's approved I need to take a few more documents in, pass a citizenship test and then attend a ceremony. 

I've met a few more pool players recently that have been trying to talk me into playing 9-ball competitions here - it seems there might be a few after all.  Unfortunately I brought all of my beautiful pool cues back to Canada on my last visit.  Argh!  Mama, any chance of sending them back over again? (*big cheesy grin*)  

I've started reading a new book which was recommended to me by my friend M, called 'Animal, Vegetable, Miracle' by Barbara Kingsolver.  The biography is about her and her family who 'embark on a year of eating locally, and mainly from their own back garden'.  Eating food that hasn't been sprayed by chemicals sounds fantastic to me, we'll see how they managed.  Perhaps I might develop a green thumb once I've finished this one!   

1 comment:

Lee said...

SOOOOOO Jealous that you are going to see Russel Peters. A.C. has seen him before. I think?? I know she is going to see him again in Seattle this tour too.
I am planting a little vegetable garden this year. Wish me luck!