
What a great way to bring in Autumn! Tomorrow I will be getting up nice and bright and early to make my way via tram to a brewhouse in the Docklands to watch (I hope) Canada win the Men's gold metal in hockey!
I never dreamed I'd ever wake up at 6am to watch a game but this is life! The pub will be generously opening their doors at 7:15am to welcome in hoards of enthusiastic Canadian hockey fans. Since I've missed out on all the fun Vancouver Olympic festivities, supporting my countries hockey team is one thing I can do from here.
It certainly ain't no Hockey Night in Canada but it'll do!
GO CANADA GO!!!
2 comments:
We did it!
Unfortunately, I wasn't watching the game since I was sleeping, but I was woken up when the Canadians won.... because I could hear my landlord's family AND THE NEIGHBOURS NEXT DOOR screaming!
It was a wonderful thing to wake up to. :)
I hope you enjoyed the game and have a good day at work!
I had a lot of fun! It was nice to be surrounded by (cheering) Canadians for a change! I think every Canadian in Melbourne was there.
Post a Comment