
As of this past Thursday I'm back playing pool. I've missed it. It feels like visiting a friend whom I haven't seen in a very long time.
The pool hall 'Masters', which is conveniently two blocks from where I live, runs a league Wednesday nights, which my team, captained by Colin from Toronto, will now be playing in. I will be meeting more members of our team at practice this coming week. League starts at the end of March.
After meeting my new teammates, I also coincidentaly met a female pool player who was practising beside us. She's an avid snooker/pool player, and after we'd had a few games, she invited me to play in the womens Superleague on the outskirts of the city this Sunday. So, I did!
The Superleague runs once a month and like most womens leagues, has a few odd and interesting characters. One women just kept belching. Yum! Today was the 2nd round robin of the season and ran from 10am to 6pm. I'm exhausted!
Rumour has it that some of Australia's best females were there. I won eleven out of twelve games, including a win over Australians ranked #5, which I believe would have put me in the days top spot!
Next comes the Victorian state singles and state doubles. Watch out Australia, 'The Czar" is back!
2 comments:
That's my girl...go kick some butt!!!
Awesome! Did you ask for a grasshopper when you won? ;)
Miss you loads. Come home soon, please.
Post a Comment