Chorizo Sausage and Rice Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 leek, trimmed and sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 (150g) chorizo sausage, sliced
1 cup (220g) medium grain rice
1 cup (250ml) white wine
1.5 litres chicken stock
1 x 400g can tomatoes, chopped
sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 cup chervil leaves (hard to find!!)
2 x 125g buffalo mozzarella, torn (I use bocconcini)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, leek, garlic and chorizo and cook for 6-8 minutes or until browned. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce the head to low, add wine and 1 cup of stock and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add the remaining stock and tomatoes, increase heat to high and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir through salt and pepper and top with chervil leaves and mozzarella to serve. Serves 4.
And my favorite, very simple, Caprese salad - yum!1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced
Handful of basil
1 buffalo mozzarella, or 2 large bocconcini, sliced
sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
1 tablespoon olive oil or balsamic vinegar (optional)
Layer tomato, basil, bocconcini and add other ingredients as required.
Tip: (If you have any) freeze leftover wine into cubes for future use in soups and sauces :)
4 comments:
I think I'm going to make this soup on one of my next days off. I love this salad, too. I haven't made it in a while, so maybe I'll make it to accompany the soup!
Just a little over a month until I see you! Yay! :D
Omg. This is delicious. It reminds me of this jambalaya recipe I always make. Minus the shrimp. And, more... soup-y. I love the fresh mozzarella in this. Amazing. I'm adding it to my repertoire. Thank you, my friend!
Glad you liked it!! :)
But I thought you didn't like tomatoes??
Post a Comment