
I have been doing a lot of reading these last couple of weeks. My friend JP from work got me onto a Trilogy written by Stieg Larsson, who died shortly after dropping the manuscript off to his publisher. I'm sure his mysterious death has added to the frenzy surrounding his books, but they're a great read regardless.
I've finished the first of the series, 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and will be starting the 2nd this week. The 3rd has yet to be released (oooh!). It took a few chapters to get me hooked but then I couldn't put it down. Don't you just love those books you just can't wait to be waiting for something so you can pick it up? I do!

This week I've been reading a book B lent me called 'First they Killed my Father' by Loung Ung. It's a Cambodian girls story about growing up and surviving the Khmer Rouges invasion of Phnom Penh in 1975, when she was 5 years old. It's an eye-opener as I had no idea as to what was happening in SE Asia then. It's heartbreaking to read about what her and her family went though knowing in a parallel world we were all so safe and sound. If you're up for a real, historical non-fiction, read this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment