
Australian winter officially started June 1st. It's getting colder and darker and the temperature has dropped; tomorrow will be a high of 11 degrees - BRRR!
My home has central heating, thank goodness, as so many homes here don't (crazy?? I agree!). Being Canadian, I often hear comments like, 'oh, you must be used to this!', or, 'this must be warm compared to Canada!'. My response is often, 'No, in Canada we don't get cold because we wear warm clothes and we heat our homes!'. Take that!
My exercise routine has certainly taken a hit; I'm going into hibernation-mode. When my choice is to get up in the dark coldness to go for a swim, I choose to stay in my warm bed. It's also pitch black by the time I get home so walking isn't ideal either. Perhaps I'll just put my layer of winter fat on instead!
1 comment:
Yeah, you might want to rethink the winter fat plan. It's beach season here. Come home instead of complaining! :)
Post a Comment