
I don't know about you but I'm getting a bit tired of hearing about the Swine Flu.
The newspapers last week reported that if you have a sore throat, fever, cough, runny nose, headaches, and a few other (very general) symptoms you should see a doctor immediately. I've had about 9 out of 10 of these in the last two weeks but I'm pretty sure I don't need to get worked up about it.
My daily commute involves catching two crowded public trains, taking escalators, elevators and working in an air-conditioned office, like thousands of other Australians. If you're going to get it, you're just, going to get it.
36,000 people die annually from influenza in the US. 19,000 people die annually from smoking cigarettes in Australia. 149 worldwide have dies so far from Swine. Ugh, let's hope this paranoid media frenzy tires out soon!
1 comment:
Wow, we stopped worrying about swine flu in Canada weeks ago.
Post a Comment