
For the last couple months I have been relishing my single life in the city. On Thursday night I was out for dinner and drinks with a new group of single girls, most of whom I hadn't met before. It's always interesting to find out the opinions and delve into the minds of other single 30 year old women.
As we've all 'hit that age' we found what we have in common is that we are all a bit bored and tired of endless conversations about kids, engagements, and weddings. This seems to be a bit of a taboo subject as of course we are all happy for our friends, but we all know that once that corner in life is turned for one of you what you used to have in common really goes down the drain.
I'm sure when WE have kids, conversations about diaper rash, breast-feeding, expressing milk and diarrhea WILL be intriguing, but for now, it's really not. We also understand that sharing what we did on our Friday night out sounds immature to you.
Right now I am of the opinion that the world is my oyster. I can come and go when I please, travel where I like, and spend my money on whatever I feel like spending it on; that feeling of freedom is invaluable. Of course being single also has it's downfalls but for now I'm just ignoring them and enjoying the ride!
P.S. My eyes have healed :)
No comments:
Post a Comment