Sunday, August 17, 2008

Oh my Eyes!!

Beware: This post contains graphic content.


This week I contracted a horrible and 'very contagious' eye infection called Conjunctivitis. I have never in my life had an infection in my eyes and it's awful!

I woke up Thursday morning with extra gooey sleep gunk and it worsened by the hour; it looked and felt like my eye was laying mucus eggs. I managed to finish my day of work though from 3pm onwards I held a salt-water soaked gauze to my left eye. Fun. I can tell you working at a computer one-handed with one eye closed is incredibly difficult.

Friday morning I woke up with my left eye glued shut so, naturally, I called in sick. To my surprise I received a 'well, that's disappointing as we have a lot of work on' response from my boss. That being said, I spent most of the morning sticky-eyed and in awe of her heartfelt concern for my well being.

By the afternoon I managed to infect my right eye so my feelings of guilt for not turning up for work subsided. I concluded that working at a computer no-handed and blind would be unproductive.

Needless to say I have had a very restful weekend. The prescription drops I picked up are working fantastically and my eyes are getting better, phew!

No comments: