
My friend L and I are starting our month-long vegetarian diet this weekend. We were supposed to start Aug 1st but I planned a Peking duck dinner with my coworkers tomorrow night - oops! I'll just have to go for one day longer.
Seeing as I've never been a big red-meat eater I don't think I'll find cutting out beef, lamb and chicken to hard but I think I'll miss my bacon dearly; I do enjoy my weekend breakfasts!
I've stocked my cupboard with the vitamins I'll need and plan to watch my diet closely, eat more nuts and beans and do a little more cooking at home.
In other news, on top of my outdoor training this week I have started swimming before work with my friend L. We've met at the pool at 7:30am twice this week and swam all sorts of ways for 45 minutes. I've never done 'laps' before and it's harder than I imagined it would be. We're planning to make this a weekly event and, as the exercise gods say, it's always better to have a buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment