
It's official, I can't speak French. You would think, after being taught French from grades 5-11, that I would be able to say something simple like, 'I go to work at 8:30am', or 'I have one sister' but nooo!
Why am I trying to speak French in Australia you ask? Well, the reason is because I thought I would re-learn the language and take classes at Alliance Francais in Perth, however, in order to take courses they need to assess your French language skills. I thought it was enough that I failed the online assessment test (with 20% of my answers being correct) but no, they emailed me to tell me I had to come in to humiliate myself orally too.
I refused to admit to the native French assessor how long I studied French. In the end he worked out that I didn't pay attention and forgot it all, so, the verdict is that I will be a part of the Beginners I class. Yes, Beginners ONE - I plan to start this Thursday.
1 comment:
I took it for 8 and I am married to a French guy...i couldn't formulate those sentences either. Sad isn't it!
Post a Comment