Monday, April 7, 2008

State Selection Tournament #1


I played my first state selection 8-ball competition this past weekend. It was an interesting day as we had to wait four hours for the lights to come on in the morning; we had 40mm of rain on Saturday. Yuck.


The tournament was an open round robin format with 9 rounds and we played from 1pm to 6:30pm. I beat a local 'champion' snooker player 2-0 my first match and continued to play well throughout the day, winning 1-1 until my last two matches where I was beat 2-0 both times :( I accused my second-last opponent of jinxing me as before we played he says 'you haven't lost 2-0 all day!!'. Poo-head.


In the end I placed 28th overall and 2nd in the women's points. If I keep it up I should secure my position on the women's state team and will be heading to Tasmania in October for the Nationals!

No comments: