Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Puppets & Paris


I went to my first puppet show on Friday night with D and our friends P & S. It was completely different from what I was expecting. Before the show I asked D if puppet shows can be dramatic and, oh yes, they can!


The show was based on a character called Woycezk. It was a dark story line and the set included animated black and white, chalk-like drawings by an artist named William Kentridge. The puppeteers were visible which I thought was odd at first but as the show went on it made it that much better. The cast was from South Africa and the actors all did a great job.


D took me on a movie date on Saturday night. We watched 'Paris' which was about, well, a few peoples lives in Paris, and ate espresso choc-tops (an Australian frozen dipped cone) before the show - yum! I also entered a draw to win a trip to the real Paris so wish me luck (and see the movie if you have the chance)! It's hard to believe that at 32 I still haven't been to Europe; I'll get there someday (soon I hope)!


On Sunday I spent most of the day alone as D was at the university. I visited a bookstore, rented a few videos and had a coffee at one of the cafes we frequent. If you haven't seen the movie 'Once' I highly recommend that too. It's a modern day musical set in Ireland with a sweet, romantic story line.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Is that the movie that was done by several different directors, all about different lives in Paris?