Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Kat in Perth?


It looks like Perth will be my new residence in 2008 as D has been offered work at the University there in March. I will be speaking to my work this week about a possible transfer so I'll write more on that later. Wish me luck!

I visited Perth in June last year, and it has nothing on Melbourne as far as nightlife, cafe culture and dining out goes. As a matter of fact the last time I was in Perth city my friend T and I couldn't find a cafe open past 5pm; even the people I've met that live there have nothing nice to say about it which is pretty unnerving.

Two things Perth does have going for it are beautiful beaches and sunny weather, in fact, it is recorded as being one of the sunniest cities in the world. It is also the most isolated city in the world, though many people are flocking to it as it's the new 'boomtown' of Australia. Jobs are aplenty.

I don't imagine that living in Perth will be all that bad and living near the beach will be a huge consolation. I have no doubt that once I'm immersed in the Perth culture I'll be sure to find a favorite cafe and a few fantastic restaurants. Two-million people can't be all wrong.

No comments: