Tuesday, September 2, 2014

French and Other Things

Well, August certainly flew by! Last month I spent two-and-a-half hours on Thursday nights learning, once again, French! I really enjoyed it. Everyone in the class seemed to be having a good time, and funny enough, I ended up sitting next to a fellow Canadian! Our teacher is from France which was very helpful, it's sooo much easier to pick up the accent when you hear it first hand. I feel like I've learned more in five weeks than I had in seven years of high school French. I'm thinking of signing up for French II but we'll see how things go.

My weeks are slowly improving. M & O are still in child care on Mondays and Wednesdays and Little M is enjoying going one day a week (Wednesdays) as well.  Their vocabulary is improving every day. Little M's favorite new word is "backpack".

We all head down to the swimming pool for Molly's lesson on Tuesday mornings - she loves it and is slowly getting more confident each week. Today she earned her "eyes open under the water" sticker. O is still too afraid to go back in the pool, but hopefully we'll get him in again soon.

On Thursday's we don't do much of anything. I have a lady that volunteers to come over for two hours each week to help me with the kids; she's helping me take them all for haircuts this week. O always squirms and screeches but M & M love it.

Fridays we have our twin playgroup for two hours in the morning. It gets very busy if 5+ mums show up but it's always a nice group to chat to and of course they all understand the mayhem that is involved having twins (plus)!

This month Little M will be starting her second day at child care. That'll give me two full days to do work if I need to. I only worked 24 hours last month so hopefully this month will be a bit busier. We're wanting to pay down our debt and start saving up to move back to B.C. next August (what is this you say??)!

No comments: