I've started a new chapter in my life, I'm now a working mom.
An ex-colleague of mine recently asked if I could help him out with some drafting work for his business and, two weeks in, it's working out quite well. The job will be an ongoing one, which I can do from home, or a cafe, or a park? As long as I have wi-fi and my laptop I'm good to go!
So far I've spent most of my time working from bed but that's probably not ideal in the long run. We have a small office/store room at the back of the house that I think needs to transformed into something more inspiring, though it's off the kids playroom which could be tricky. It does have an exterior door so I might just have to sneak out and back in to the house to get a little peace.
M, O and M are in child care on Wednesdays from 9am-4pm so I have that whole day to get things done. Otherwise for now it's nap times, weekends and evenings until I can get little M in child care on Mondays with the twins.
Anyhow, it's been nice earning and income again and I'm very much looking forward to getting my first pay check in three years!

1 comment:
Welcome to the working mom club! There are some perks to this world, and of course the tricky parts ...but we are a pretty supportive group :)
Post a Comment